Deepen and Expand Your Self-Healing Skill
If you have learned the Five Flows Qigong, the Delightful Dozen will expand and deepen your skill. If you haven’t learned the Five Flows, you might want to go back and learn it first.
The Delightful Dozen is slightly more advanced than the Five Flows, but you can learn it as a first set if you choose. It is also an introductory set for Qigong.
In terms of the flows of Qi as defined on my Fun With Qigong: Five Flows DVD, the Delightful 12 is mostly balancing, with some charging and some centering.
For this video I again take out mysteriousness and make Qigong as accessible as it truly can be. With principles taught on the DVD, you can gain great benefits from a regular Qigong practice.
I hope you gain rich rewards from your learning, practice and eventual mastery of the Delightful Dozen.
If you want the DVD you can pay through Paypal, or with a credit card.It is just $19.95 plus $3.99 shipping and handling.
Gentle Qigong for Health and Wellness
The Delightful Dozen
• Consists of 12 exercises.
• Teaches many Qigong principles you can apply to your life.
• Is accessible, doable, and useful for people at all levels of health
• Fosters internal relaxation and coordination of body, mind, breath, and energy.
• Is easy to learn. It is not confusingly philosophical, or super-serious.
• Helps all parts of your body become equal with the full flow of energy, information and awareness: left and right, palms and feet, arms and legs, head and feet, torso and legs, front and back, inside and out.
Developed from Primordial Qigong
Each of the 12 exercises is found in the flowing body of a gentle exercise form called Primordial Qigong. The word primordial here, refers to your original vitality. The Primordial Qigong form is a flowing, connected sequence of the movements, much like Taiji (Tai Chi) is a slow stream Qigong sequence.
I first developed the Delightful Dozen Set as a way to teach the moves of Primordial Qigong. Eventually I realized it was a marvelous practice in itself, and an ideal teaching tool for the principles of Qigong. It is a beautiful Qigong on its own.
After you master the Delightful Dozen, you may want to go on to learn Primordial Qigong, which I also teach.
The Video is Divided into Several Sections
• An introductory section covers the basics of Qigong training.
• In section two I present and explain the moves of each exercise,.
• Section three is where you deepen your experience and magnify beneficial results by focusing on specific principles in turn. In order and over time learn and practice the Structure Principle; then, get the Movement Principle, Qi Principle, and Consciousness Principle.
• Once you have learned each of the exercises, you can go ahead in the DVD to follow along with the Full Set Practice in Section four.
• Once you are completely familiar with the set, you can practice it on your own.
It’s fun, easy to begin and helps you feel great. The Delightful Dozen can boost your immune system and could protect against illnesses…from colds and flu to far more serious diseases.
The Delightful Dozen trains you to be natural, at ease and empowered in your own body. By incrementally improving how you move, stand, breathe, and think, you improve your state of body, mind and emotions.
The Progression of Learning the Delightful Dozen
This Qigong is simple to begin to learn and most people begin noticing results right away.
Yet, the Delightful Dozen, like most Qigong, has layers and aspects more that add depth, breadth, sophistication that, as you learn them, increase the effectiveness of the practices and magnify results.
1. Basic Idea. First get just the basic idea down—a rough sense of what you are doing with your arms, legs and waist.
2. Structure and Movement. As you get better with a new exercise you begin paying more attention to structural details and movement precision. You also get more able to align the movements with your breathing rhythm.
3. Energy and Consciousness. After a span weeks practicing a move, the exercise becomes more familiar. Now you can begin adding focus on what the Qi flow is doing, how your energy is, and where your mind is. By this time you are attaining a complete exercise, one that is replete with benefits.
The Delightful Dozen
1. Earth’s Breath Rises/Heaven’s Breath Sinks
2. Separating Yin from Yang
3. Holding the Qi Ball at the Dantian
4. Circling the Qi Ball Along the Microcosmic Orbit
5. Moving the Heart Through Time and Space
6. Blending Fire and Water
7. Rooting Left and Right
8. Scooping Energy From Nature
9. Dragon Washes its Face
10. Stirring the Cosmos
11. Drinking the Earth
12. Collecting the Qi